We're so glad you decided to check us out! We look forward to seeing YOUR creations, so remember to send pictures!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, granulated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract (or other flavor of choice)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350degF.
- Place butter, sugar, & salt in a mixing bowl. Cream these ingredients at low speed until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Add the eggs & flavorings. Combine thoroughly at low speed
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour & baking powder. Add gradually to the wet ingredients, mixing just until all the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Roll out into 1/8th-inch thickness & cut into desired shapes.
- Place on cookie sheet & bake for approximately 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to turn light brown.
- Remove & cool thoroughly before decorating.
Glow-in-the-Dark Royal Icing
- 2/3 cup tonic water, room temperature
- 1/4 cup meringue powder
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp flavoring (optional)
- Place water & meringue powder in mixer bowl & mix with paddle attachment on medium speed until frothy.
- Pour powdered sugar into bowl. Mix with paddle attachment on lowest speed until the sugar is wet. Stop the mixer & scrape the bowl & paddle.
- Add flavoring, then continue to mix the icing on lowest speed for 2-3 minutes. Icing should be soft piping consistency.
- For flood or dipping consistency adjust thickness by adding more tonic water a teaspoon at a time, mixing for one minute after each addition. Flood consistency should feel like melted ice cream & self-level when dripped onto a surface. Dipping consistency should be like thick gravy. Drip it onto a surface & shake a bit to make it self-level.
- You can add color to the entire batch of icing, or divide the batch into smaller portions for multiple colors.
- View the cookies with a black light to see them glow!